Anti Wrinkle Injections Sunshine Coast
Anti-wrinkle injections treat wrinkles and lines caused by over-active facial muscles that form our expressions, but over time these lines begin to linger a little longer and become a little deeper, even when the face is resting relaxed. Wrinkles often appear on our forehead, between our eyes (vertical glabellar frown lines) and as crow's feet beside each eye when we smile or frown.
These wrinkles can be easily treated with careful application of an injectable muscle relaxant. The treatment relaxes only the muscles beneath the lines where product has been injected, and the muscles responsible for other aspects of your facial expression stay active.
The treatment generally lasts around 3 to 4 months, and with no further treatment the wrinkles will come back eventually.
Skin Cancer Screening Examinations
In addition to his skills with anti wrinkle injections Dr Simon Hammond has years of experience with removing skin lesions. We do not rely on computers to assess skin cancer risk.
Increased risk factors for skin cancer include:
• Having red or blond hair, fair skin, freckles, and blue or light-coloured eyes.
• Living in sunny climates.
• Having a family history of skin cancer, especially melanoma.
• Having a personal history of skin cancer.
• Working around coal, tar, arsenic compounds, creosote, pitch and paraffin oil.
• Having damaged skin, such as a major scar or burn. Actinic keratosis is a pre-cancerous condition of thick, scaly patches of skin. It may also appear as a cracking or peeling lower lip that does not heal with lip balm.
We recommend that everyone pay close attention to their skin. Promptly show your doctor any suspicious skin areas, sores that don’t heal and moles/freckles that suddenly change.
Call 5444 2666 to book an appointment or book online 24/7.